Donation Drive 2016
Help us help you with your spring cleaning!
Have clothes or household items that you aren’t using? Let us help! In addition to getting items out of your house, you get a tax write-off for them and a coupon for 20% off at the Value Village thrift store chain.
Off the Quill is hosting a donation drive event on Saturday, May 28, 2016 from 11AM to 3PM at the Greenbelt Arts Center at 123 Centerway, Greenbelt, MD 20770. We are also pre-collecting donations in advance.
Why a donation drive?
This donation drive is an environmentally-friendly fundraising event where clothes and household goods are gathered and ultimately brought to an organization that will reuse or recycle.
For this event, Off the Quill has partnered with Savers, the parent company to our local Value Village and Unique Thrift stores. We will gather the donations and transport them to our designated store. Off the Quill receives a per pound amount from Value Village when we bring in the items in bulk. You get a tax donation letter and the clutter off your hands, and the items are reused or recycled.
What can I donate?
So much! Here is just a sampling of items that we can accept:
- Clothing, Shoes
- Towels, Washclothes
- Sheets, Blankets, Pillowcases
- Curtains, Tablecloths
- Hats, Scarves, Mittens, Gloves
- Ties, Sashes, Socks
- Purses, Wallets, Backpacks, Bags
- Pots, Pans, Utensils, Mugs, Dishes, Vases, Glassware
- Small Kitchen Electronics: Blenders, Coffee Makers, Mixers, Waffle Irons
- Hairdryers, Curling Irons
- Toys, Games, Puzzles, Stuffed Animals
- Jewelry, Sunglasses
- Craft & Sewing Supplies
- Basket, Candles, Ornaments
- Books (Hardback & Paperback), Magazines
- Records, Tapes, CDs
- Videos, DVDs
- Bats, Tennis Rackets, Balls, Frisbees, Baseball Gloves
- *No furniture or large appliance items
Items can be gathered in 13-gallon trash bags or small-to-medium sized boxes.
I have donations, but I can’t make it on May 28th!
We will also be pre-gathering items prior to the event. If you are unable to drop-by Greenbelt Arts Center on Saturday, May 28th, but have items you would like to donate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to set-up a time to come pick-up what we can prior to the 28th.